Site Network: Home | CNews | Geo 436 | About


Sania Mirza is known for controversies, She was once criticized for disrespecting Indian flag. But even Shoaib Malik is not new to controversies, He was involved in another controversy in 2007. At that time SRK came in his defence:
Interviewer: “Then how do you respond to what had happened at the T20 World Cup finals? You were there. The Pakistani team lost the match to India, and the Pakistani captain, Shoaib Malik, at the podium said 'My apologies to the entire Muslim community across the world'. You think he went out of line there?”

Shah Rukh Khan: No, I don't think so. I think, you know, because he comes from a nation which is Islamic, in a large sense, and I think he meant a lot of people must have given him duas, and when somebody gives you dua, he assumes they must be Muslims, and he must have said it as a way of speaking.
I don't think he meant to segregate Muslims and Christians and Hindus and say this was a match between Islam and Hinduism. I don't think that.
Interviewer: Because it created a lot of controversy'

Shah Rukh Khan: I know, and I think the way he spoke it out, he just meant the people who prayed. A lot of peoplemust have prayed, we all prayed. I'm a Muslim, I also do dua, and I don't think he meant it as a rift between the Hindu and the Muslim thing.

Interviewer: I mean, the irony couldn't have been completed better, because the Man of the Match of that match was Irfan Pathan, someone who came from Baroda, and here was Shoaib Malik who was talking about how the Muslim community must have been affected.

Shah Rukh Khan: I think more than the irony we should recognise the fact that these differences are no differences. You play the game, you win it and you lose it; it's got nothing to do with any religion. I think it was misconstrued what he said. I think it was just meant to be that a lot of people have given you duas when you are coming here, so I'm sorry all the Muslim guys. I think he just meant it in the general sense.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment